Written by Staff
- Published in BABY
- Read 559 times
- font size decrease font size increase font size
- Be the first to comment!
Breastfeeding is one of the most natural and beneficial activities for mom and baby. There is no other single action by which mom can so dramatically impact the present and future health of her baby.
No formula can duplicate the unique properties of breastmilk, no matter how many vitamins, minerals and supplements are added to what is basically a chemical formula.
Breastmilk is the one and only natural, complete and complex food for infants. Just as importantly, breastfeeding promotes an exceptional bond between mom and baby that only mom can provide.
BENEFITS TO BABIES-
- Provides most complete and optimal mix of nutrients and antibodies
- Keeps pace with infant's growth and changing nutritional needs
- Protects against stomach upsets, ear infections, respiratory illnesses, allergies, asthma, meningitis. childhood lyphoma, Crohn's disease and ulcerative entercolitis
- Appears to reduce the risk of obesity & hypertension
- Reduces risk of childhood diabetes and SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
- Increases bone density
- Reduces risk of heart disease later in life
- Increases the effectiveness of immunizations
- Shown to develop higher IQ's
- Improves brain and nervous system development
- Improves emotional development
- Promotes special warm bonding & emotional relationship with mom
BENEFITS TO MOM-
- Reduces risk of breast, ovarian, and endometrial cancers and anemia
- Protects against osteoporosis and hip fracture later in life
- Helps return mom's body to its pre-pregnancy state faster
- Breastmilk is free, thus reducing or eliminating the cost of formula
- Breastfed babies are sick less, thus reducing healthcare costs to family and requiring less time-off from work
- Promotes special emotional relationship and bonding with baby